Hi – I’m Margot Buchanan
Like my clients, I encountered the empty nest ‘void’ when my 3 boys left school & went in their own directions.
I was so unprepared for this end of my motherhood journey!! :-/
Even though I have worked as a Mothercraft Nurse over the span of 30 years for women pre and postnatally and nannied many children of varied age groups and supported women as a life coach – the Empty Nest stage of mothering was never talked about.
And – being an introvert that loves my space – I fully expected that I’d be ecstatic to have my house & life back!
Instead, the sense of loss hit me like a tonne of bricks and I felt totally disoriented!
It was painful and I struggled to come to grips with it.
I came face to face with an insecure me that had hidden comfortably in
my identity as a mum all these years and who was now re-exposed and raw.
The advice I got was to “get busy and fill the void with other interests” but at that time I had little in the way of friends close by – and – with zero self-confidence, the thought of stepping outside my comfort zone amongst people I didn’t know – to get involved in other activities and interests – right then – was overwhelming!
And anyway – I was grieving inside! What about that?!! Was I supposed to just ignore this fact?!!
So began a journey of my own to help myself move through this.
Using my experience from past training & devouring various self-development courses & books – I realised that as rich & beautiful as it is – the mothering journey – is one of MANY rich experiences to be had in a lifetime.
I also discovered that we each:
- are Spirit having a human experience – this powerful Spirit version of us – that’s already within us – is who we really are
- have an innate creative ability – we are ALWAYS creating something – whether by default or by design – we cannot NOT create – we have choice to do so by design!
This helped me immensely – to open to new possibilities for my life & accept that I have my own identity outside of my mum-role.
Along the way, I collected this & many more valuable pieces that helped me to powerfully navigate through my Empty Nest experience & have compiled it into the programmes I offer today.
Some other facts about me 🙂
- I spent a lot of my life being very anxious & insecure & have total empathy for those who experience this
- I’m quite shy & gentle – people love my energy & feel safe with me
- I love walking & being in Nature
- I have a gift – I am able to see through people’s ‘layers’ – straight into the Light that is shining at their core. I love helping people to SHINE!
If you would like help navigating your Empty Nest journey click here to find out about the services I offer – or
Click below to book a FREE no-strings-attached (I promise!!) Support Session where – together – we can explore turning your Empty Nest ‘struggle’ into a Nurturing Journey!
I hope to meet you very soon!!